The basic setup process is to download the latest firmware, connect the WiFi Pineapple to the host device, browse to the WiFi Pineapple web interface from the host device and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the firmware flashing process.
Initial Setup Security
For security purposes, during the setup process you will be prompted to press the reset button. We recommend performing the setup with the WiFi Pineapple radios disabled. If you are not connected to the WiFi Pineapple over WiFi for initial setup, you are requested to press the reset button momentarily to disable the radios. If you must proceed with initial setup over WiFi, you will be requested to hold the reset button for 3 or more seconds to continue. The Reset button is located on the underside of the WiFi Pineapple NANO and on the back of the WiFi Pineapple TETRA.
- Download the latest WiFi Pineapple firmware from the Hak5 Download Center
- Install the WiFi Pineapple Connector app for Android from the Google Play Store
- Power on the WiFi Pineapple using the supplied USB Y cable
- Connect the WiFi Pineapple to the Android with a USB data cable
- Open the WiFi Pineapple Connector Android app
- Tap to configure USB Tethering, then tap back to return to the connector
- When prompted, tap Begin Setup to launch the WiFi Pineapple setup page.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete setup